Saturday, April 23, 2011

Fiesta Jalisco Kahoka, MO





I recently had a urge to eat out for lunch. Mexican cuisine sounded good so I headed to Fiesta Jalisco in Kahoka, MO. It was early in the lunch shift so I was seated right away. Within minutes I had my drink, some chips and salsa, and my order was headed to the kitchen.
I enjoy the tortilla chips and salsa. The salsa is very finlely minced and has almost no heat at all. My order for the day was steak fajitas. The menu describes them as marinated flank steak. It is my understanding that fajita means belt of the cow. Ergo the real fajita is made from beef, so chicken fajitas don't fit the fajita definition.
From Wikipedia
A fajita ( /fəˈhiːtə/; Spanish pronunciation: [faˈxita]) is a term found in Tex-Mex cuisine,[1] commonly referring to any grilled meat served on a flour or corn tortilla. The term originally referred to the cut of beef used in the dish which is known as skirt steak.[2] Popular meats today also include chicken, pork, shrimp, and all cuts of beef. In restaurants, the meat is often cooked with onions and bell peppers. Popular condiments are shredded lettuce, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, pico de gallo, cheese, and tomato. You won't find much spice or seasonings. I think the menu is intended to be authenic Mexican home style cooking which means simple fresh ingredients prepared in a simple way. I always enjoy eating there and am not disappointed because I know that the food is simple and almost bland but there is a bottle of hot sauce on the table.



The meals comes with beans, rice, guacamole, lettuce, sour cream and pico de gallo. My only issue was that there were only 3 hot tortillas, I could have used 2 more. I was definitely satisfied and full. The total bill was $9.50 not including the tip. I love the food and will definitely be going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment