Saturday, August 14, 2010

Hot Sauce and Chile Oil


Once again I have been playing in the kitchen. This time with oils and sauces. It always happens this way, some one hands me something new and if I love it I try to make it at home in the kitchen.
A friend introduced me to Mongolian Fire Oil. It was wonderful stuff so I started searching the internet for recipes and videos. I had a large package of dried arbol chile peppers so I decided to use them for my chile oil. So with the peppers, garlic and vegetable oil, I made chile oil. It's wonderful stuff and can be used for all types of cuisine.
On the heals of that success, my next mission was hot sauce. I bought a small batch of jalapenos and serrannos. A simple recipe of peppers, vinegar and salt works wonderfully. This morning I went back to the market and bought all of the jalapenos they had. They are simmering on the stove top as I type this. The fumes can get heavy so I am doing this when everyone is gone. I have the exhaust fan going. I need to find a small building to rent so I don't have to di in the house anymore.
So start experimenting and have some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment