Thursday, May 27, 2010

Impulse Buy

I was at the market yesterday and found some beautiful anaheim chile peppers in the produce cooler. I bought half a dozen to make chile rellenos. Rob loves rellenos, she first had them at Dos Hombres in Warrensburg, MO. Since then she has made some herself and eaten them at various mexican restaurants. Tonight I am going to make some for her.

A lot of the recipes I have seen online are meat free. That won't work around here. So I am going to stuff them with chicken and pepper jack cheese. They should be good.

Anaheim peppers are great for those who prefer milder spice. Anaheim are very low in capsaicin so the heat is very mild. A good beginner chile pepper.

To stay with the mexican theme, I will make some nachos and tacos for the boys.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment