Monday, May 10, 2010

Talk of the Town

I recently went there for lunch with my mom and two brothers. The first time I went there I was sadly disappointed. The hamburger was rock hard and the fries were smoking hot but raw in the middle. I took the family there for breakfast one sunday morning. The foos was good and there was plenty of it. We ordered a la carte. We went back there a few weeks later. This time the food food wasn't as good and the portions were smaller. Due to the past visits it isn't a place I frequent.

This time I was invited to lunch and my brother Max was paying so I went for a free meal. While my mon, Max and I were waiting for Carl, we took a look at the buffet. Usually there are only two buffets I eat at, and that would be the pizza buffet and a chinese buffet. The foods on those change over fairly quickly so usually the food is fresh. I don't want meat loaf that has sat under the hot lights for hours and swimming in grease.

Reluctantly I went for the buffet here partially because everyone else was getting the buffet but the food looked good. The fried chicken was still steaming form being cooked. The salad bar had several options including things like marinated mushrooms. I started there then went for the entrees and sides. There wasn't as mush of a selection as you would find at other places but i think that is agood thing.

I enjoyed the chicken, the potatoes and gravy and the stir fry. I was however a bit disappointed in the stir fry. The waitress warned us that it was spicy but it was sadly lacking in spice. The flavor was good but I was hoping for the heat.

Overall it was enjoyable and the food was good. Have to give them a thumbs up for their buffet.

No comments:

Post a Comment