Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Knives and knives and knives OH My

Knives are a cook's best friend. You don't have to spend a fortune for a good set of knives. I bought a Wolfgang Puck set of 4 santoku knives at Sam's club for a bout $40. They are great knives, I love them.

Dull knives are a bad thing. Always keep your knives sharp. I have a hand sharpener with 2 ceramic rods. Before every use I run the knife thru the sharpener about 10 times, then I use a knife steel on it.

Don't put your knives in the dish washer, the heat is a bad thing, and they can get tossed around and damage their edge. I hand wash mine.

Over time, they will need to be resharpened by a professional. I just sent out 6 knives to Accurate Sharpening and Cutlery Sales in Tempe, AZ. I have never used them before. The average cost was about $5.50 per knife plus shipping charge.

I will let you know how it goes.

See Ya

No comments:

Post a Comment