Monday, June 28, 2010

Like Twisted Sister said "I wanna Wok!"

I am a huge fan of Asian cuisine. I enjoy it all, chinese, thai, japanese etc. I make a lot of asian food at home. Everybody is always happy when I cook asian recipes. Rob loves the hot and sour soup, egg rolls, crab rangoon. Cale loves the fried rice and Colt loves the chicken tempura.

I try to be as authentic as I can be. So I bought a nice steel wok. You can get non-stick woks but I prefer the steel woks. One things you have to keep in mind is that you have to season steel wok like you do with cast iron.

When you buy a new steel wok you should wash it in warm soapy water to remove and chemicals or oils left from the manufacturing process.

You need to dry it thoroughly. I season mine on my turkey cooker burner. I highly recommend doing outside because of the fumes and smoke. There videos on youtube about seasoning a wok. Once it is seasoned properly it should be virtually non-stick.

When you are done cooking with your wok, you need to wash it out with hot water, "do not use soap." Dry it completely and apply a light coat of cooking oil. This will keep your wok from rusting.

Go ahead and whip up some shrimp fried rice. MMMMMMM

"Wok and Woll!"

No comments:

Post a Comment