Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Crostini







Yesterday I made kind of a ciabatta bread. Love my kitchenaid mixer, it makes cooking easier especially when it comes to making doughs. Once the dough took hold I let it rest for about ten minutes. Then I started kneading the dough in the mixer. I added fresh cut parsley and basil to give it a nice herb flavor.






I finished kneading and shaping by hand then let the dough "proof" on the counter top. I brushed the top with a corn starch and water mixture then scored the top about 1/2 inch deep. Then I baked it for 60 minutes.






Since we were making fresh pasta ravioli for dinner, I used the bread for garlic bread.






Crostini means little toast, I think.






So for dinner, I sliced the bread thin and put a garlic infused butter on top with parmesan cheese, sun dried tomatoes and pesto. I came out delicious. the crust was good and the inside was perfect.






I love the smell of bread baking. I need to make it at home more often I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment