Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Rosati's Authentic Chicago Pizza since 1964




I recently returned from a trip to Huatulco, Mexico. I had plenty of great food but that will wait for a new post.




I flew out of chicago. After arriving late friday afternoon, we went back to the hotel and decided to order pizza for dinner. The clerk recommended two of her favorites so my wife brought back two menus that her and the boys looked at and decided to order from Rosati's.they decided that since we were in Chicago, we should have Chicago style pizza.




I have never been a big fan of Chicago style pizza. I prefer to eat my pizza with my hands not a shovel and and a pitch fork. they ordered a meat lovers pizza, breadsticks, garlic bread and had a coupon for a free small spaghetti. The food arrived about 45 minutes later.




Rosati's didn't scrimp on the food. The pizza was huge, and I guess weighed about 15 pounds. the menu said it would feed 4 people, Those four people must have been Chicago Bears football players. The free small spaghetti was a nice size casserole dish full. We had plenty of food to go around.




There were roasted tomatoes on the top in the sauce. I liked that, but that was the high light of the meal. there were burnt pieces of bacon on top. The bacon made the pizza pie way too salty for my taste. I like canadian bacon on my pizza but not regular bacon. The hamburger had a bit of a wang taste to it. I didn't set well with me.




Overall I wasn't impressed with the pizza and didn't even finish my first piece. Next I moved on to the spaghetti. Once again not impressed. there wasn't very much sauce and once again the food tasted too salty. The spaghetti was better than the pizza.




We had plenty of leftovers from the pizza and the spaghetti.




That was my experience with Rosati's of Chicago. Guess we should have wen't back to the Spaghetti Warehouse. LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment